Joyce M. Pretzer, MMS, PA-CBoard Certified Physician Assistant
Joyce M. Pretzer, MMS, PA-C, is a board-certified physician assistant with a masters degree in medical science from Midwestern University, an NCCPA accredited program. She is licensed to practice and prescribe medicine in the state of Illinois under physician supervision. She works directly with Dr. Durkin in the operating room, as well as in hospital and clinical settings.
Prior to joining Hinsdale Orthopaedics in 2008, Joyce worked for two years in internal medicine where she provided care to residents of chronic care facilities around the chicagoland area. While at Midwestern University, she elected to focus on orthopaedics and pain management, completing several rotations in these specialties. Her interest in orthopaedics sparked while working as a patient care technician on the neurospine unit at Central DuPage Hospital prior to PA school.
- M.M.S., Physician Assistant Studies, Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL
Areas of Specialty
Current & Previous Appointments
- Staff PA, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Privileges at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital,
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Munster Specialty Surgery Center, Salt Creek Surgery Center
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)