Stephanie Ransom, M.Ed, ATC, OTC Board Certified Athletic Trainer
Stephanie Ransom, M.Ed, ATC, is a board-certified Athletic Trainer licensed to practice in the state of Illinois under physician supervision. She graduated from North Park University, a CAATE accredited program, with a bachelor of science degree in Athletic Training. She earned her master’s degree in Educational Leadership with a concentration in Sports Medicine from DePaul University while working as a Graduate Assistant for Men’s and Women’s soccer, tennis and track & field teams. While at North Park University and DePaul University, Stephanie provided coverage for practices and games for various sports, on-site emergency care, evaluations, treatments and rehabilitation. Stephanie was also responsible for prevention and care of injuries including bracing and taping. While at DePaul University, she had the opportunity to travel with her assigned teams providing treatments and rehabilitation on the road.
Stephanie joined Hinsdale Orthopaedics in February 2015 and works directly with Dr. Durkin in the clinical setting and as a surgical assistant. Prior to joining Hinsdale Orthopedics, Stephanie worked in sports medicine at Naperville Central High School providing coverage and treatment for all sports teams. Stephanie also had the opportunity to intern with the Chicago Rush Arena Football Team.
- B.S., Athletic Training, North Park University, magna cum laude
- M.Ed., Educational Leadership, DePaul University
Area of Specialty
- Sports Medicine
- Physician Extender/Athletic Trainer, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Privileges at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital and Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- National Athletic Training Association
- Great Lakes Athletic Training Association
- Illinois Athletic Training Association
- American Society of Orthopedic Professionals